The Fabrication Center (ZACH 112, 112C, 112D) is a full-featured machining and computer numerical control (CNC) resource. You may submit a job to made for you via the Fischer Engineering Design Center fabrication request, or take popup classes and learn to run the machines yourself.
This area includes a welding shop, paint shop, manual mills and lathes, power tools and several large CNC’s. If you need something cut to fine dimensions, we have the water jet cutter and the wire electrical discharge machining. All work is supervised and access is controlled.
Note: To reserve equipment and use it, you must have completed the following:
- Apply for general membership
- Complete Fischer EDC Fabrication Safety quiz with a grade of 95.
- Register for in-person Red Badge Safety training on iLabs.
- Register for Red Badge Creation appointment on iLabs.
- Register for any specialized equipment trainings on iLabs or prove proficiency to the shop manager (proper annotation on your RED badge)
- Approval by the shop manager
**The equipment displayed does not represent all equipment in this area or are for common usage.