Zachry FEDC/Common Labs Facility Tour Information
Fischer Engineering Design Tour Information:
The Fischer EDC is an exclusive academic makerspace and design center that focuses on learning, designing, and building to make student academic success our priority.
Generally, our primary visitors are TAMU Engineering College/Department guests, Department prospective faculty, and Department new faculty.
Therefore, the following limitations will be taken into consideration when approving Full Facility Tours:
- Number of tours in 1 day
- Number of attendees for individual tours
- Accessibility to specific areas of the FEDC based on potential negative impact of student users in the facility.
- All requests are reviewed prior to approval, for questions contact us @ email@example.com.
Lobby Tour (10 – 20 minutes, no PPE required)
A walk through the Zachry 111 lobby. The lobby is designed to give great views of the Project Design Studio, Fabrication Center, and Prototyping Facility.
Groups larger than 20 individuals should anticipate being split into multiple groups.
Full Facility Tour (minimum 45 minutes, PPE required)
A more detailed/extensive tour through the facility.
During the semester, groups should be limited to 5-6 persons to avoid disrupting the students’ academic work.
All attendees are required to be in standard FEDC Personal Protective Equipment. The Fischer EDC cannot provide PPE.
Fischer Engineering Design Center Drone Tour
Zachry Common Labs Tour Information:
- Due to the volume of Academic course instruction in Zachry Common Labs, tours requests will be considered on an individual basis. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
All request must be submitted 48 hours in advance.
REQUIRED PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT AND CLOTHING DEFINITIONS:
FEDC PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Long pants– pant leg opening must reach and completely cover the top opening of the shoe to prevent materials from entering. This is to include military fatigues; fatigue pants must be fully pulled out of boot and full pant length extended. Pants should have no holes, deformations, cuffs, cuts or rubouts that will show skin or underclothes.
- Shirts– are defined as fully covering torso to include sleeves that fully encircle the arm and extend from the shoulder down to the top of the bicep or below (E.G. short sleeve t-shirt)
- Closed shoes– are defined as having a hard sole at least 1/4″ thick. Shoes must cover all toes including the sides, and must cover the top of the foot to the ankle from all sides. The heel must be completely enclosed.
- Safety glasses–are defined as clear polycarbonate Z87.1 certified safety glasses that wraparound or have side shields. Safety goggles that are flexible are prohibited.
- No Food or Drink of any kind allowed in the FEDC
FEDC Facility Tour Request
Tour of Fischer EDC. All requests must be submitted via this form. An approval email must be received before the tour date.
"*" indicates required fields