Service Center Description
The Engineering Service Center provides graduate students, undergraduate & graduate researchers, departments, and TAMU system entities the opportunity to have parts fabricated, welded, 3D printed, laser cut, or a Printed Circuit Board (PCBs).
Standard Billing practices
- Any jobs exceeding 10 hours will require PI approval. We will automatically contact the PI for approval after we calculate the 10 hour cutoff. To save time you can always send approval emails with the job request.
- Prototyping jobs utilizing the 3D printers and jobs utilizing the Low/High Fidelity Common lab equipment may require raw materials, training and setup fees. We charge these at cost and are in addition to the hourly rate to produce the jobs. Contact us for a quote and more details.
- Some jobs will require additional tooling and parts not stocked by the FEDC. There will be a direct cost + shipping for any additional items.
- ZACHRY LABS is not responsible for poor drawings or bad designs. We encourage you to take advantage of the consultation time to iron out any discrepancies.
- ZACHRY LABS will not produce or allow the production of firearms triggering or receiver mechanisms, silencers, or blades.
- A minimum of a hour will be charged to the billable account.
- Consultation is generally free unless it requires extended design revisions.
Preliminary, non-binding quotes are free, and will entail only a cursory review of the project.
Detailed, binding quotes are valid for 30 days and will be charged unless the work is completed by the FEDC.
For machined, welded or fabricated parts request. Includes woodworking, waterjet cutting and wire electrical discharge machining (EDM) services.
Prototyping Request: 3D Printing
For low-fidelity/desktop 3D prints on Dremel Digilab and Ultimaker printers by a FEDC technician. For high-fidelity/commercial 3D prints for fused deposition modeling, stereolithography, polyjet and metal material by a FEDC technician.
Prototyping Request: PCB
For requesting submitted designs to be created by FEDC technicians.
Prototyping Request: Laser Cutting & Engraving
For laser cutting and engraving requests on various nonmetal material types by a FEDC technician.
Prototyping Request: Vinyl Cutting & Engraving
For vinyl cutting (decal; tracing on a sticky material) or lettering by a FEDC technician.
Advanced Prototyping Request: Foam Cutting
Only available for members who have taken the required prerequisites to complete the request. Must take the foam cutting popup course. From there, you will be added to the iLab group to access the request.