The Engineering Service Center provides Graduate students, researchers, departments, and TAMU system entities the opportunity to have parts fabricated, prototyped, welded, cut or certain lab diagnostic services. Contact Jim Wilson for more info.
COVID19 Task Force Related Fabrication Requests will be given Highest Priority. Please indicate COVID19 in the job description or special instructions and urgency of job completion when submitting a job!
FY20 Hourly Rate
|Machine Shop Use (Assisted)||$36.00|
|Machine Shop Use (Unassisted)||$18.00|
|Machine Shop Cutting & Welding||$29.60|
|Machine Shop Advance CNC||$44.60|
|Prototyping High Fidelity||$45.30|
|Prototyping Low Fidelity||$19.15|
|Common Labs Low Fidelity||$29.65|
|Common Labs High Fidelity||$56.65|
Common Labs Electronics
Service Line Descriptions –
Machine Shop (assisted) – Manual machine work done by the FEDC staff. You provide the drawings and the material. Includes shop team consultation! This is the self-service rate for non-ENGINEERING students.
Machine Shop (unassisted) – For Graduate students who wish to do their own manual shop work. Available to ENGINEERING grad students only.
Machine Shop Cutting & Welding – Welding, cutting, sheet metal, finish work done by the FEDC staff. Includes woodworking (non-CNC). You provide the drawings and the material. Includes shop team consultation!
Machine Shop Advanced CNC – More advanced services including the Okuma 560 mill, Okuma Multis CNC. HAAS CNC, Wire EDM(Electric Discharge Machining), Waterjet Cutting, CNC router.
Prototyping High Fidelity – Includes the following 3D printers, J750Polyjet, F370 FDM, SLA Form2 along with PCB (Printed Circuit Boards) and the Desktop Metal 3D Metal Printer.
Prototyping Low Fidelity – Includes the lower resolution Ultimaker and Dremel Digilab 3D Printers. Laser cutting and engraving, SMT soldering, vinyl letters, composites, and printed posters.
Common Labs Low Fidelity – Lab use of the furnaces, hardness testers, grinders, polishers.
Common Labs High Fidelity – Lab use of the Instron Tensile Testing machines, Wind tunnels, High Bay, SEM equipment, Charpy Impact tester.
Common Labs Electronics – Use of electronic laboratory bench equipment.
Standard Billing practices
- All service requests require a fabrication or prototyping request or iLabs reservation (Labs). JUNE 1st all requests for the Engineering Service Center will be through iLabs. You must have a valid and approved PI charge account (or Department account) and PI information to continue.
- A minimum of 1/2 hour will be charged.
- Any jobs exceeding 10 hours will require PI approval. We will automatically contact the PI for approval after we calculate the 10 hour cutoff. To save time you can always send approval emails with the job request.
- iLabs account must be established with Principle Investigator (PI – Faculty- Dept.) Click here for ILABS Portal
- Prototyping jobs utilizing the 3D printers and jobs utilizing the Low/High Fidelity Common lab equipment may require raw materials, training and setup fees. We charge these at cost and are in addition to the hourly rate to produce the jobs. Contact us for a quote and more details.
- Some jobs will require additional tooling and parts not stocked by the FEDC. There will be a direct cost + shipping for any additional items.
- ZACHRY LABS is not responsible for poor drawings or bad designs. We encourage you to take advantage of the consultation time to iron out any discrepancies.
- ZACHRY LABS will not produce or allow the production of firearms triggering or receiver mechanisms, silencers, or blades.
- Consultation is generally free unless it requires extended design revisions.