Fischer Engineering Design Center Membership
The Fischer Engineering Design Center (EDC) is a free-form community, designed to enhance the ability of engineering students to innovate, create and organize. Our goal at the Fischer EDC is to allow as much freedom and inspiration as possible. General membership allows you access to the project build areas, the ability to check out tools from the tool room and general card access to the Fischer EDC. Membership is on a tiered basis; only undergraduate engineering students can have the potential to utilize the entire facility without additional approval.
How do I become a member?
General access is given to Texas A&M University engineering undergraduates who have completed the Fischer EDC Safety and Orientation at a grade of 100. Students will then be able to apply to become a general member.
What are the terms of this membership?
The Fischer EDC membership is FREE to all Texas A&M engineering undergraduate students. We ask that you follow all rules posted in the facility and abide by the Fischer EDC contract listed below. All Zachry labs, including the Fischer EDC, require appropriate footwear to use the facility. No open-toed shoes, sandals or flip-flops will be allowed. Shop areas and most common labs require long pants. Please note: Food is not allowed in any portion of the design labs. Water bottles and drinks with tops are allowed, but open drink containers are not. We expect students and groups to clean up any trash they leave behind. Failure to obey these rules will result in a loss of Fischer EDC privileges.
Fischer EDC Residential User Contract
As a community, we have to operate in a safe, judicious manner with a few rules.
The SEVEN FISCHER EDC RULES & REGULATIONS:
- I will follow all posted rules and regulations. Including university safety protocols.
- I will treat other users honorably and respect their workspace and materials.
- I will respect the staff and honorably follow any instructions.
- I will keep my work area clean and organized.
- I will return all tools in their original condition in a timely manner or by the end of its reservation period. Power tools from outside the Fischer EDC must be authorized and approved by the Fischer EDC.*
- I will notify the staff immediately of any safety infractions or concerns.
- I will have any guests cleared by the administration personnel on duty, located at the front desk, before bringing them into the facility.
*Please email the manager, Jim Wilson, and fill out our safety form.