Fischer Engineering Design Center Membership
The Fischer Engineering Design Center (EDC) is a free-form community, designed to enhance the ability of engineering students to innovate, create and organize. Our goal at the Fischer EDC is to allow as much freedom and inspiration as possible.
General membership allows you access to the project build areas, the ability to check out tools from the tool room, and general card access to the Fischer EDC. Membership is on a tiered basis; only undergraduate engineering students can have the potential to utilize the entire facility without additional approval.
Steps to become a general member?
- Create an iLabs account using your TAMU credentials.
- Complete Fischer EDC Safety and Orientation quiz with a grade of 95 or above (General Membership quiz).
- Fischer EDC Staff will review and approve your membership and add you into ZACH-EDC iLabs group.
- Create a iLabs reservation prior to use of Fischer EDC.
Additional steps to gain fabrication access?
- Ensure you are a Fischer EDC general member.
- Complete Fischer EDC Fabrication Safety quiz with a grade of 95 or above (Red Badge quiz).
- Register for in-person Red Badge Safety training on iLabs.
- Register for Red Badge Creation appointment on iLabs.
- Register for any specialized equipment trainings on iLabs, if applicable.
What are the terms of this membership?
The Fischer EDC membership is FREE to all Texas A&M engineering undergraduate students. We ask that you follow all rules posted in the facility and abide by the Fischer EDC contract listed below. All Zachry labs, including the Fischer EDC, requires closed safety glasses, sleeved shirts, long pants that cover the opening of your shoes, and closed-toed shoes.
Please note: Food is not allowed in any portion of the design labs. Water bottles and drinks with tops are allowed, but open drink containers are not. We expect students and groups to clean up any trash they leave behind. Failure to obey these rules will result in a loss of Fischer EDC privileges.
The Seven Fischer EDC Rules & Regulations:
- I will abide by all posted PPE rules and regulations at all times.
- I will treat all staff, members, and the facility with respect.
- I will maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- I will return all tools in their original condition by the end of its reservation period.
- Tools from outside the Fischer EDC must be authorized and approved by the Fischer EDC Lab Management.*
- I will notify the staff immediately of any safety infractions or concerns. Help keep everybody safe!
- I will have guests checked in at the Fischer EDC Front Desk and accompany them throughout the facility.
*Please email email@example.com for approval and instructions.