A research study on tool usage within the engineering design center is being conducted. Participation is voluntary and involves short surveys when you enter and exit the center as well as a possible end of semester survey on your experiences. Monetary compensation, up to $70 per semester, for participation is being given. If you’d be willing to participate please visit their Consent Document.
What are Popup courses?
The Fischer EDC popup class system is designed to teach students how to use the equipment, software and processes found in the Fischer EDC. These courses help with soft skills sometimes forgotten in academic training. Some classes require prerequisites and come in two forms, online and direct instruction. More than 2,000 students take these popup classes each semester.
Red Badge and or In-person Red Badge training is not required to take a pop-up class!
online Fabrication training is required before taking in-person pop up classes!
Safety & Information Training
- Common Labs Orientation (Coming Soon)
- iLab Orientation (Coming Soon)
- Fischer EDC Fabrication Safety: Red Badge Training (Online training must be taken prior to all pop up classes)
- Fischer EDC Design Studio: Yellow Badge Training (Online training must be taken prior to all pop up classes)
- Fischer EDC Equipment Checkout
- Fischer EDC Digital Production (Coming Soon)